Saturday, October 5, 2019

Falling into a new year, a new place



Because this new moon coincided with my retirement from ministry, my mantra has become Let go and let God.  It is no longer my role to shepherd or challenge this congregation.  Daily I place them in God’s hands.  It’s a huge letting go of a role I’ve had for the last 17 years.  And it’s a role that is no longer right for me, so I’m letting go of that which no longer serves me. 
The new moon was also the beginning of Rosh Hashanah.  As it was also the celebration of my retirement from ministry, I decided to go to Rosh Hashanah services.  Rosh Hashanah is an invitation to step into the new.  Participating in these services was an opening for me into the new.  One of the songs we sang during the service really helped.  The words are:

There’s only one place to be
in this moment
There’s only one thing to do
and that’s be present
There’s only one thing to have
and that’s unending gratitude
For being in this present moment.

Rabbi Ted Falcon gave us focus phrases to use through Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, which I am finding helpful as I face each day in this new part of my life. 
·         I welcome Sacred Energies now.
·         I open to a field of blessing.
·         I invite inner wisdom
·         I calmly witness the workings of my mind.
·         I welcome all my thoughts, feelings, and sensations.
·         I accept myself exactly as I am.
·         I identify my intentions for this New Year.
·         I feel my intentions already fulfilled.
·         I forgive anything I think is in my way.
·         I release myself to the One I am.

As I work through these, my sacred yes is becoming "I open to a field of blessing."  It's where I need to be as I move into a new phase of my life - to be open to the blessings that are coming, without expectation of what they will be - just that the blessings will be and they will open up, even as old things are falling away.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, thank you Marcia. I am going to borrow these intentions for further pondering and reflection. My continued prayers as you lean into letting go ever more deeply.

    ReplyDelete